Sunday, April 29, 2012

Product Placements


We have no need for a big estate,
a modest two and two works just great.
Have no wish for Malibu Beach,
glad Point Loma is in our reach.

Don’t want to drive a big Rolls Royce,
Something smaller would be our choice.
Forget Porsche’s 911,
I’ll just keep our old Ford revvin’.

We don’t drive to Nieman Marcus,
Target’s lot is where we park us.
I never wear Hickey-Freeman,
just wear out Dockers like a demon.

Have no need for Patek-Philippe,
a fine watch but a price too steep.
I don’t even need a Rolex,
When I’ve got my trusty Timex.

Don’t need to write with a Mont Blanc,
I’m just not a fine pen wonk.
I’ll get by with my trusty Bic
It always seems to do the trick.

I don’t need filet mignon,
But show me a burger, it’s gone.
I don’t sip pale Dom Perignon,
A glass of Sprite is just as wan.

Don’t need to make an upward move,
Doin’ just fine in my own groove.

© Richard Gilbert   October 2011

No comments: